Disposable Vapes in Ireland
As Ireland is a part of the EU, the legal framework for vaping in Ireland is under the EU TPD. This also means that you can import Ezee disposable vapes without worries, since our products are in accordance with the EU TPD law.
The EU TPD, or Tobacco Products Directive, is a set of regulations that govern the manufacture, presentation, and sale of tobacco and related products within the European Union (EU). It was first introduced in 2014 and subsequently updated in 2016 to include vaping products, including e-cigarettes and e-liquids. The goal of the TPD is to ensure a high level of health protection for EU citizens while promoting the functioning of the internal market.
Here are the key aspects of the EU TPD law:
- Product Notification: Manufacturers and importers of tobacco and vaping products must notify the competent authorities of their intention to place products on the market. This notification includes information about product ingredients, emissions, and toxicology data.
- Ingredient Regulation: The TPD regulates the ingredients that can be used in e-cigarettes and e-liquids. For example, it sets limits on nicotine concentrations and bans certain additives and flavorings that may be appealing to youth.
- Packaging and Labeling: Vaping product packaging and labeling must include specific health warnings, information on nicotine content, and instructions for safe use. Packaging must be child-resistant.
- Tank Size and E-liquid Capacity: The TPD imposes restrictions on the size of tanks for e-cigarettes and the capacity of e-liquid cartridges to limit the amount of nicotine users can access at one time.
- Advertising and Promotion: Advertising and promotion of vaping products are subject to strict regulations, with a focus on preventing appeals to youth and non-smokers.
- Cross-Border Sales: The TPD aims to ensure that cross-border sales of tobacco and vaping products comply with regulations, maintaining a level playing field for businesses across EU member states.
- Age Verification: Online sales of vaping products must implement age verification mechanisms to prevent sales to minors.
- Health Warnings: Health warnings, similar to those on cigarette packages, must appear on the packaging of e-cigarettes and e-liquids.
- Emission Testing: The TPD mandates emission testing to assess the safety of vaping products, including the levels of harmful chemicals produced during use.
It's important to note that while the EU TPD sets a framework for regulations, individual EU member states have some flexibility in implementing and enforcing these rules. Therefore, specific requirements and enforcement may vary from one country to another within the EU.
The EU TPD is designed to strike a balance between enabling adult smokers to access less harmful alternatives while safeguarding public health, particularly concerning youth and non-smokers. Manufacturers, retailers, and users of vaping products within the EU are encouraged to stay informed about and compliant with these regulations.
Disposable Vapes in Ireland to be banned?
Ireland is considering options to address the environmental impact of disposable vapes, which pose challenges due to their complex materials and potential hazards, including damaged lithium-ion batteries. The government has launched a public consultation, including the possibility of banning these devices, implementing a deposit and return system, or improving producer responsibility schemes. Minister Ossian Smyth highlights the importance of public input to inform the government's response and transition to a circular economy. The consultation period runs until July 27, 2023.
If disposable vapes should be banned in Ireland, we still have a lot of vaping products to offer to our Irish customers. As well as disposable vape we also offer with rechargeable batteries. This means that you can recharge the battery but you just replace the pod or cartridge which holds the liquid with a new one. These products are not considered as disposables since the battery is rechargeable, and therefore still legally to be sold.
If you want lo learn more about disposable vapes, read our guide here.
Shipping Disposable Vapes to Ireland?
At Ezee we offer shipping worldwide, which also of course includes Ireland. With our DHL express shipping option, you can get yours disposable vapes delivered within 1-2 working days. You can read more about our shipping.